Week at a Glance - Sept. 18-22
- Note Identification through Flash Cards and in-class activities
- Rhythm Chart 1.5 and 2
- Embouchure Approximations
- Please bring small mirrors to class if you have one. This helps us see our faces and know what to do with them.
- Mini instrument assembly/Mouthpiece Placements
- 2017-2018 Band Parent Night in the BMS Band Hall 9/18/17 from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Please ensure students have all materials for class
- Review/practice any notes from class
- 2017-2018 Band Parent Meeting – The band parent meeting is tonight at 6pm in the BMS Band Hall! Please try to have a representative there to get important information about this year!
- Sectionals Continue! Check with your student on which days they have after-school sectionals. Sectionals are a once-a-week instrument specific rehearsal where each section of instruments works directly with a band director on fundamentals, region music, scales, and class music. Sectionals are from 3pm-4pm and will be covering the material specified on their pacing guide.
- Pep Band – This week we will continue working towards the upcoming pep rallies and football games. Students will be receiving quite a few “new” pieces to prepare. Please help keep them accountable for working through music on their own.
- Practice Card Week 4 is due on Tuesday, September 19th.
- Reminder: Foundations for Superior Performance – Students have already begun using their Foundations book for fundamental exercises in class. Please visit a local music store to purchase the “blue book” at your earliest convenience if you have not already done so.